ENAC has established a few simple rules concerning liquids, clothes, electronic devices, and metal items that must be observed by travelers who find themselves in an Italian airport.
Rules to follow for security checks in order to enter the gates areas in Italian airports
The Italian Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC) has established the following rules to be observed by travelers who find themselves in an Italian airport.
In order to facilitate checks at security checkpoints (metal detectors) the traveler is obliged to:
- show the security staff and place into a tray all liquids* carried in hand luggage for examination;
- take off and place into a tray jackets and coats (and sometimes shoes) that will be inspected separately;
- extract from hand luggage laptops and other electrical and electronic devices such as tablets and mobile phones and place them into a tray for screening;
- place into a tray for screening all metal items (keys, coins, watches, belts and similar);
- hold in his hands passport and boarding pass and walk through the metal detector when asked by the security officer.