ENAC has established a few simple rules concerning liquids, clothes, electronic devices, and metal items that must be observed by travelers who find themselves in an Italian airport.
Rules to follow for security checks in order to enter the gates areas in Italian airports
The Italian Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC) has established the following rules to be observed by travelers who find themselves in an Italian airport.
In order to facilitate checks at security checkpoints (metal detectors) the traveler is obliged to:
- show the security staff and place into a tray all liquids* carried in hand luggage for examination;
- take off and place into a tray jackets and coats (and sometimes shoes) that will be inspected separately;
- extract from hand luggage laptops and other electrical and electronic devices such as tablets and mobile phones and place them into a tray for screening;
- place into a tray for screening all metal items (keys, coins, watches, belts and similar);
- hold in his hands passport and boarding pass and walk through the metal detector when asked by the security officer.
*All liquids must be carried in individual containers with a capacity no greater than 100 milliliters in a single transparent resealable plastic bag of a capacity not exceeding 1 liter. The contents of the plastic bag must fit into it comfortably and the bag must be completely closed. The aforementioned restriction does not apply to medicines and to special dietary products such as, for example, food for babies, but only if they are essential during the trip and the traveler may be requested to prove their authenticity.
I think that it is very unpleasant that I have to take my shoes off! I really don’t like doing that.
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back
to your webpage? My blog is in the exact same area
of interest as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from
a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
You can quote our posts provided that the contents in question are not modified in any way and their intellectual property is clearly indicated (“providing credit and sources back to our web pages” is fine).
Thank you very much for your interest in Vademecum Italia.
Txs to my father who told me about this website, this webpage is actually awesome.