How to file a theft/loss report with an Italian authority

In case you suffer a theft (in a Hotel, station, restaurant, etc.), or if you lose a precious item (credit/debit card, wallet, expensive watch, etc.), or similar, while in Italy, you will need to file a theft/loss report (denuncia di furto/smarrimento) with an Italian authority (e.g. Polizia di Stato or Carabinieri). Technically, you can file a theft/loss report in English. However, we suggest filing a police report in Italian, because Italian officers are often not very familiar with foreign languages. Moreover, depending on

Read more